Follow Us

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan
















RATING 5 OUT OF 5 STARS
CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND ADULT SCENES







About the book

Unbreak Me is about a young woman named Maggie Thompson. Maggie believes herself a slut and hates herself so much that she doesn't understand how anyone could love her, which is what led her to leave her fiance William Bailey just days before their wedding and flee from her home in New Hope where she has lived her entire life.


A year later and Maggie has moved back to New Hope and has to attend a wedding, not just any wedding, William (yes her ex fiance) is marrying Maggie's older sister Krystal (I know WTF right?!) The thing is William would be willing to call off the whole thing if Maggie asked him to, he loves Maggie and feels this overwhelming need to fix her. 


Maggie struggles with being home with the ghosts of her past haunting her and bad memories that just wont let her go. Her feelings for William have her so confused and her emotions running all over the place she just  feels like she doesn't know how to move on with her life.


She manages to put on a brave fave but one person who see's through her fake smile is the panty dropping rock star Asher Logan.
Asher has been broken and survived it. He doesn't want to fix Maggie, he wants to show her how to break and then build a better life.
We see Maggie grow and make the tough decision of choosing between two guys 'one who wants to fix her and the other who gives her permission to break'.



My Views :)

Ok so before you start this book make sure have been to the tioilet, fixed yourself a snack and are somewhere real comfy because once you start this book you are in it for the long haul!


I devoured this book in a matter of hours, I had no time for distractions. I NEEDED to know who she was going to choose, I NEEDED to know the reasons behind why she left New Hope and I absolutely NEEDED to know what tricks Asher had in the bedroom! Unbreak me really is beautifully written and I LOVED that we got to hear other characters POV throughout the book.



Lexi Ryan has some pure GENIUS moments in this book. It has TWISTS and TURNS that I wasn't expecting. It had me laughing out loud at some of the lines and made me want to cry a few times too (nothing new with me right lol).
 



This is most definitely one of those books that is going to stay with me a while.  If you haven't read it yet go, go right now and buy it. I promise you wont be disappointed.


Some of my favorite quotes from Unbreak me

"......Not like N Sync. Jesus, watch where you hurl those things. Words hurt Maggie"

".......My past is ugly, and I'm not proud of it, but its part of who I am.It made me who I am. I'm not hiding from it"

".......You can only swallow ugly words about yourself so many times before they become part of your DNA"

".......I fucking love that I can do that to you, My breathing is choppy, my voice weak"

 "........There's more to intimacy than fucking"





1 comment: